Saint Georges d’Oléron – Domino: house for up to 6 people
In a quiet little street in the heart of Domino village, this charming, recently renovated holiday home is just 10 minutes walk (2 by car) through the pine forest and sand dunes to one of the most beautiful beaches on Oleron island. In the summer season, the colourful market takes over the village every morning, where you can buy local produce; seafood, patés, breads, cheeses, organic fruit and veg, wines and cognacs.
Domino, St George de Oléron
The village has a café, a bar and a pizzeria with an excellent restaurant near the beach.For those who enjoy a green car-free holiday, Oleron has plenty of cycle paths to take you around the island to discover the salt marshes, vineyards and local wildlife. There is a cycle rental in the village. Nearby there are seaside activities such as surfing, diving, boat trips, sailing, jet-ski…
Oleron island is about an hour’s drive from Ile de Ré / La Rochelle airport by car. In season there are boats from La Rochelle, the 50 minute trip goes by the famous Fort Boyard.
- A spacious entrance hall.
- A living room with British and French TV, DVD/Blu-ray, Wifi and phone. It has comfortable seating for 6 around a traditional fireplace.
- A dining room with kitchen including a dishwasher, cooker with induction hob, a microwave and a kitchen island with stools.
- Laundry room with washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- A master bedroom with queen size double bed and en suite shower room with toilet.
- Two double bedrooms with twin single beds in each which can be joined together to make queen size doubles.
- Bathroom with toilet.
- Newly refurbished cottage
- Private, enclosed shady courtyard/garden
- Garden furniture, umbrellas and barbecue
- Indoor space for bicycles and beach equipment in outbuilding
- Wi-Fi, unlimited use of telephone
- UK & French Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Comfortable seating for 6 around traditional fireplace
- Two big feather pillows on each bed
- For the little ones, folding baby cot and pushchair
- No dogs
- No smoking inside the house
- Short walk from the beach
- Daily Market, shops, cafe & bars around the corner
- Perfect for cyclists
- Easy drive to Ile de Ré and La Rochelle